PDA

View Full Version : New member from Minnesota

trutim2010
07-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Tim here.....just got a 2005 Hammerhead twister up and running the other day. LOTS OF FUN!!!

Mainly bought this for my son (14yo) and I to take to 3 gun matches and haul our gear around, so I'll be putting racks on it and a box to hold our ammo and misc.

Pretty much have decided to keep it somewhat stock.....may add a CDI to advance the spark and a RPM/hour meter.

I did mod the muffler somewhat (took out the packing)....the carb was filthy and needs attention, so I'll be replacing jets. It has the classic symptoms of a pilot jet being too small.....may end up with a #41 pilot, and go with #125 for the main....sound about right with a stock air box and a (soon to get) 'Hi Pro' CDI.

The one thing I'm thinking that is VERY possible is some way to modify that electric choke to manual....not with the cable conversion; but rather to install something that replaces that solenoid and the rest of the electrical parts....I'll look into it more tomorrow. And thoughts on that? Good idea? Bad idea?

Overall, this buggy seams to be waht we were looking for....I've had visions of changing around the clutch weights and springs, but for what we are wanting to do.....it's fine the way it is. We'll play the wait and see game, once the new CDI is put on.

My son is pumped ofcourse......so any racking or box I put on is going to be made for 'quick' removal when we are not at a match......go figure!!

Tim