PDA

View Full Version : 150cc carbide reverse

JasD
07-15-2010, 09:02 PM
I bought this dune buggy/go kart used and it worked great for a couple of weeks. Now it will not start. Un fortunately I am pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff. At the suggestion of my father in law I first cleaned out the carborator and nothing the engine sounds like it wants to turn over but no spark. When he was in town we did check that. Next we replaced the spark plug and still nothing. I just replaced the ignition coil and still the same the engine sounds like it wants to turn over but no spark (I am assuming). Does anyone know what else could be wrong. My step kids are coming home fromtheir dads soon and would like it running for them. Please remember that I an really dumb with engine stuff. Any help is greatly appreciated

JASD:banghead:

joshstep1
07-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Are you getting a spark?

olderthan
07-15-2010, 09:55 PM
set your valves

bcplayer76
07-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Your STATOR might be no good, especially if you replaced the coil and plug and still getting no spark at all, olderthan also has a point to check the settings on your valves.

Maahs13
07-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Get a buddy to hold the spark plug out of the motor attached to the coil with the tip grounded on the motor and you turn it over while he checks for spark if your not sure on the spark(didnt seem by your post you truly checked the spark)

joshstep1
07-17-2010, 11:38 PM
What he said.

kliff
07-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Find someone, in your area, that CAN, diagnose an engine, even a lawn mower, and get a little hands on instruction assistance. Check with a local "tech school" that runs night classes...see if they'd be interested in a one night session of trouble shooting.

Maahs13
07-20-2010, 09:33 PM
any updates, find your problem?

rjgreat06
08-13-2010, 08:43 PM
hey this is a newb answer but try this hold the gas full blast and turn the key it will prolly start up and run over anything in the way lol im a newb so her is my best help bye

supertoast92
08-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Another thing to check would be the kill switch(es). If they're the same as the Helix (I am assuming they are) there should be one by the key AND one on the electrical box. Believe me, I've tried starting up my kart only to find the kart only turning over and not sparking because the kill switch was engaged.

chuckorlando
08-14-2010, 05:15 AM
If you got a trailer and feel like a ride I'll fix it for you no charge. I have a full wiring harness thats good with cdi, coils, and all that jazz. We can pull the carb and give it a short soak while we adjust the valves. Then check the spark. If no spark we will use a tester to find the weak link

Your discription really dont help to pin point the problem. Not your fault cause you dont know any better. But as you can see you'll end up with 100 possible causes