BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Buggy General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Harbor freight badland winches (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5271)

OLDKID 01-17-2015 01:25 PM

Harbor freight badland winches

8 Attachment(s)
IN THE TEEN'S , TOO COLD TO RIDE , SO I SNAPPED SOME PIC'S TODAY WHILE I WAS CHARGING BATTERIES , ETC. ME AND THE OLDGIRL HAVE BUT ONE PLACE TO RIDE IN OUR AREA , RUN BY A LOCAL ATV CLUB (GOD BLESS M") FROM THE TRAILHEAD YOU CAN GO SIX MILES NORTH , OR SOUTH , WITH MANY SIDE TRAILS . I SAID ATV . ENTER - RUTS , HOLES , MUD , GOOD STUFF WHICH WE LOVE TO PARTAKE OF ON OUR ATV'S . BUT CAN BE A LITTLE SKETCHY IN A 2WD BUGGY , ESPECIALLY IF YOUR STUCK SIX MILES FROM THE TRUCK !! H.F. WINCHES $50 ON SALE !!!:party: MOUNTED WITH 2.5" CHANNEL , #8 HARDWARE , U-JOINT U BOLTS . DIDN'T WANT TO DISFIGURE THEM IN CASE I HAD TO USE THE WARRANTY . THE MAGNUM'S GETTING ONE ON THE REAR ALSO .

jmansracerocket 01-17-2015 02:39 PM

where abouts you located? im in ny long island Suffolk county.

OLDKID 01-17-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmansracerocket (Post 44900)
where abouts you located? im in ny long island Suffolk county.

HEY , I'M EXTREME KITTY/CORNER TO YOU NIAGARA COUNTY . AS ONE NEW YORKER TO ANOTHER I CAN SAY THIS STATE SUCK'S IN REGARD'S TO OFF-ROAD REGULATION'S . I GOOFED UP THIS THREAD , MY COMPUTER GOT CONSTIPATED LOADING PIC'S , HAD TO START ANOTHER TO FINISH PIC'S , SHOULD HAVE DONE IT AS REPLY --- OOP'S :stupid:

jmansracerocket 01-17-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDKID (Post 44902)
HEY , I'M EXTREME KITTY/CORNER TO YOU NIAGARA COUNTY . AS ONE NEW YORKER TO ANOTHER I CAN SAY THIS STATE SUCK'S IN REGARD'S TO OFF-ROAD REGULATION'S . I GOOFED UP THIS THREAD , MY COMPUTER GOT CONSTIPATED LOADING PIC'S , HAD TO START ANOTHER TO FINISH PIC'S , SHOULD HAVE DONE IT AS REPLY --- OOP'S :stupid:

I think ur like a good 10hrs away

OLDKID 01-17-2015 03:43 PM

AND THE FIRST PIC. IS A WARN WINCH ON MY SPORTSMAN , NOT A H.F. BADLAND / TRANSLATION NOT $50 :yuck:

Dan68rs 03-27-2015 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got one myself. Little annoying that the remote will lose sync to module but hard to beat for 50

tkeagle 03-27-2015 01:03 PM

Look nice. $50.00 look even nicer. Really don't think would need one on the dog. But I bet it would come in handy on the Duce.

john.h 05-02-2015 05:35 PM

These are some pretty nice set ups when I put mine on I really wanted it mounted on the front but I couldn't figure out a way. I have it mounted on the rear swing arm and it works pretty good. Wish I saw this a year and a half ago lol. I might end up moving it to the front but if I do I will probably make some sort of cover for the cable. Maybe some sheet square tubing. All of this is awesome though good work

DRAGONFIRE81M 08-25-2015 05:10 PM

hey guys watch this winch the wireless control box will pull 8 ma when not in use . if left it will drain your battery . had it happen to my dad and a friend. im going to add a 50amp relay to the system to kill the power when the key is off .

Dan68rs 08-25-2015 05:38 PM

Thanks for the info

OLDKID 08-25-2015 05:54 PM

Your right about that , I found out the hard way , unexpected riding day this spring / two dead fred's . Wondered about that when I installed them ? Reciever has to be powered ? Twice as bad in the King Cobra ---- Got two of them on it . Meant to add some disconnects to them , been disconnecting Batt.cable instead . Glad I read this , want to ride this weekend, , realized batt. cables have been hooked up since the last ride a couple weeks ago --what does Homer Simpson say ? Don't know how to spell it -- DOTE !!! :stupid:

OLDKID 08-25-2015 06:05 PM

I also seen some You Tube videos a while back , showed how easy it is to add an aux. manual switch in line with the remote , or do away with the remote and go manual only . I like the idea of both , times when you'll want to be in it on the Go Pedal , and for those ugly stuck's , when there ain't no way you'll go in it . Better grab my volt meter and check some batteries . SEE YA !

scjeep4.7HO 08-26-2015 07:45 AM

All you need is a relay setup that would send power to the winch once the key was turned on.

OLDKID 06-26-2016 12:33 PM

Like Uncle Sy Robertson says " PIECE OF JUNK "
Took the Wheelers out last Thursday , H.F.winch on the Magnum went ah , ah , ah , ah , ah turning in 1/2" increments when I tried to use it . Have to take it apart , get ready for the down pour , ( got three more probably gonna follow suit ) Never pulled with it , only used it as an extra tie down when on the trailer .
And Yes I know - Not supposed to do that . I'll find out when I get it apart if it's physical damage or electrical . Probably why they cost $50 , and my Warn cost $400 . :banghead:

Gippeto 06-26-2016 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDKID (Post 50288)
Probably why they cost $50 , and my Warn cost $400 . :banghead:

Believe that life lesson comes to most of us via the hard way...:cheers:

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/k...say-d-oh-2.png

:joke:

Al

jmansracerocket 06-26-2016 09:40 PM

get what you pay for.

OLDKID 09-07-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDKID (Post 50288)
Took the Wheelers out last Thursday , H.F.winch on the Magnum went ah , ah , ah , ah , ah turning in 1/2" increments when I tried to use it . Have to take it apart , get ready for the down pour , ( got three more probably gonna follow suit ) Never pulled with it , only used it as an extra tie down when on the trailer .
And Yes I know - Not supposed to do that . I'll find out when I get it apart if it's physical damage or electrical . Probably why they cost $50 , and my Warn cost $400 . :banghead:

Wasn't the Winch ! Battery didn't have enough voltage . Would start machine no problem , but not enough for winch . :stupid:

tkeagle 09-08-2016 02:20 PM

So need a bigger battery?
I've got upgraded 11 pole Stator on the Yerf.
Wonder if keeping engine running, have enough power for winch?

OLDKID 09-08-2016 02:41 PM

No , normal battery is good . That particular day I went to use it and it acted that way I automatically ASSUMED the winch was failing .Didn't realize till after posting , that in fact I had a weak battery that wouldn't charge up to full capacity .