BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   gaskets? (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4537)

2SlickNick 10-09-2013 07:07 PM

gaskets?

I have disassembled my 150 top end.
I feel like I am missing gaskets. :dunno:Do they come from the factory without gaskets? This engine was never disassembled before.
I have one gasket that is metal I think it came off between valve head and cylinder head. I don't recall seeing gaskets for cam chain tensioner and bottom of cylinder head. I will double check my stuff tomorrow just to make sure something didn't sneak past my careful dis assembly.

351mustanger 10-09-2013 07:16 PM

There should be a gasket between the cylinder and crankcase, cylinder and head, and an o-ring between the valve cover and head. Also a gasket for the came chain tensioner and o-ring and gasket for the intake manifold. Glad to see you taking the plunge. Did you decide to go with the upgraded parts or are you going back stock?

2SlickNick 10-09-2013 07:23 PM

Guess I will double check then. I am going with 58.5mm BBK, 58.5 large valve head, a12 cam, coil wire, new autochoke, and new cam tensioner since I messed mine up playing with it.
Just breaking her down to get a feel for her. Hopefully in several weeks I will order the parts.
Not quite sure what that translate to as far as cubic centimeters. But that I don't want to spilt case a bore it.

Masteryota 10-09-2013 07:50 PM

BBK, big valve head, and A12 cam will really wake that engine up. I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you start it up.

2SlickNick 10-10-2013 08:43 AM

So.... After a thorough examination; yes all the gaskets are all there. Some just looked flush on the parts.
Yay.
Couple more weeks and I will have the money for parts. I have been saving my allowance the wife gives me. Lol.

SYCARMS 10-10-2013 09:31 AM

The tensioner gasket if you don't tear is can be used again. The cylinder base gasket must be replaced. The big bore kits will come with a base and head gasket. If you never tore into the engine before you can go to <americansportworks.com> website. They have the manual for the GY6 which is very detailed. You can print it off and have it in front of you as you work . I believe once you get to the site you will click products, then manuals, choose 7000 series for the manuals then 7150.

2SlickNick 10-10-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYCARMS (Post 36460)
The tensioner gasket if you don't tear is can be used again. The cylinder base gasket must be replaced. The big bore kits will come with a base and head gasket. If you never tore into the engine before you can go to <americansportworks.com> website. They have the manual for the GY6 which is very detailed. You can print it off and have it in front of you as you work . I believe once you get to the site you will click products, then manuals, choose 7000 series for the manuals then 7150.

Thanks for the info.