BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electrical Tech (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   YERF 40000 (little fox) wiring (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2994)

horacecain 05-10-2012 06:07 PM

YERF 40000 (little fox) wiring

hello all, i am a complete newbie (idiot) so please bear with me:bigbaby:
i picked up a yerf 40000, i am completly clueless on the wiring, the engine area is completly wired, but when the rope of wires hits the "dash" it is cut there. I have a snake with 8 different colored heads hissing at me..HELP! the controls are missing from dash.
I ran 12volts to started and replaced the spark plug and the motor cranks for a few seconds, i dont see any gas flowing thru the fuel filter.

any help would be great:)

metalstudman1 05-10-2012 08:01 PM

Can you post a pic of it and the wires? I've never seen one of these!! does it have a 2 stroke engine?

x-bird 05-10-2012 09:33 PM

http://www.yerf-dog.com/products/40000.html
link to the owner's manual is on this page.
a few of these have been for sale around me, cute little things.

horacecain 05-11-2012 04:32 PM

not to sound dum (i am), i have the image on my desktop but i dont know how to post it???

x-bird 05-11-2012 10:10 PM

on the bottom of the page, hit "go advanced" under the text box will be a button "manage attachments" hit that, and it will pop up a browse button that you can use to select the image file on your computer and upload it. you may have to resize the image if it won't load. After that all you have to do is submit the thread like normal and the pic will come along for the ride.

horacecain 05-11-2012 10:25 PM

engine

1 Attachment(s)
engine

horacecain 05-11-2012 10:27 PM

wires

1 Attachment(s)
wires

horacecain 05-11-2012 10:33 PM

i watched a youtube video of some kids riding this exact Kart, this wires go to the dash, which should have a "check oil light", a push button, and also a bulb style button. the video is call "yerf dog little fox" on youtube

metalstudman1 05-12-2012 12:54 PM

I watched the vid- I looked over the manual- I believe the engine is a Sundiro-(Please verify by looking at the name on the engine) I've worked on a couple of these (2 strokes only) it appears the engine is a 4 stroke based of the info in the manual. Try and find out what cc the engine is and do a search for an electrical diagram. You can try and trace the wires back to the engine area to see what wire colors match and where they go. I want to help!! just don't have enough info or pic's to make an opinion.
For-what-it's-worth- I believe the cart in the video has been altered @ the control panel/dash from stock as it doesn't match the manuals description.(manual is very vague and doesn't show much). The manual talks about depressing the brake (brake safety switch), also rotating the on/off switch & a kill switch on the steering.

horacecain 05-15-2012 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
metalstud, thank you for your time. i really took a good look at all the electrical connections and small electronic boxes connected to the engine and they are toast (as in french bread!) so i took the advise from many of this site and bought the predator 212cc from Harbor frieght.......if you guys can help me set this up, id love to do this build with my sons (12 and 10 years old) step by step from your advice. i can post pics every step of the way....what do you think?:doh:

metalstudman1 05-15-2012 09:05 PM

You've made this a "real" challenge. Do you have tools? Next what type terrain will it be driven on? This will determine the clutch or need for a CVT (TAV2). You need to pull the exiisting engine,related components and take MANY pic's of the frame from several angles for us to help guide you with the conversion. Your frame has support members where the new chain will need to be or devise a jackshaft to get it to the existing sprocket location. Need to see if the axle sprocket can move- is the axle slotted with a keyway?

horacecain 05-15-2012 09:28 PM

I'm good with that

I'm gonna try to strip out the old motor system by this weekend. From what a local go kart guy (who no longer works on go karts) tells me, the new engine should mount fine and the engine shaft is the same size.... As for the terrain, I'm in the flat area of south Texas. So not many hills. I have a 3 kids that will enjoys some outdoor family time riding the kart, ages 12, 10, and 8. Lets start.

metalstudman1 05-15-2012 10:29 PM

The two motors have zero in common-(well they both are used in karts!!) currently you don't have a mounting plate for the new engine,the existing engine hangs, don't know what shafts he thinks are the same. You might be able to re-use the chain and that's about it.
Level terrain would let you use a cheaper style friction clutch but I don't recommend it over a TAV2 for longevity. You'll need the clutch you're going to use before installing the new engine to know where things can be placed & dimensioned.
Get it stripped and we'll move forward from there.

splaaa 03-22-2013 01:13 PM

looking for 40000 parts brake cable