BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Buggy General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The list you don't want wife to see (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6363)

tim 03-25-2018 09:43 PM

The list you don't want wife to see

2 Attachment(s)
10 year investment $2585

Only what I can remember
Initial purchase. $700
Carb kit x3. 35
Electric choke x2. 45
New carb x2 70
Wheels and tires 250
Electrical upgrades 50
Clutch spring /rollers 45
Mater cylinder x2 60
1 inch hub and spin 110
Flex proof axle. 50
Axle bearing kit 60
Aluminum wheel adp 100
Aluminum manifold. 25
Carburetor jets. X5. 25
Glasspack. 30
Battery box. 20
Uni filter x2. 45
Metal gas tank. 35
HD ball joints. 110
BD shocks. 200
tie rod spacers. 20
Aluminum seat. Free
LED light. 25
Adding reverse. 400
39 tooth sprocket. 35
New chain 530. 25
Toggle switches. 10
Miscellaneous ????
Wire ties, welding rods,gaskets,
Paint,nuts,bolts,green slime,etc
Things bought while on Ambien $$$$$$$$

OLDKID 03-26-2018 07:15 AM

I've said it before , and I'll say it again . There's nothing like the look of a tricked out Spiderbox ! Bad A$$ . I had three of them , stock suspension , stock tires :cussing::cussing: :swordfight: .

x-bird 03-26-2018 07:49 AM

I have done the same listed but also include what parts i sold back into the market, buggies built and resold for profit along with supplies/materials. I don't have an exact number any longer, but across 5 different buggies and 7 years i think i have about 2500 in mine and about 500 in my daughter's.

tim 03-26-2018 05:01 PM

Thanks Oldkid. This spiderbox has been through a wild ride.when I bought it ten years ago I cut the back half off and put it in an old golf cart.that thing was scary and fast but the steering was like an old ford truck 3 turn to 1 :drive:then I got bored with that so I pulled the yerf out of the weeds and started the rebuild.I knew nothing about these carts so it was a lot of trial and error.Finding these forums was great along with good dealers.I hadn't got to ride or modify it the last few years as much as I should have because of health issues.my son help motivate me to get it rolling again.Found out fast i was not able to use the Flintstone reverse anymore.So I got reverse installed.I was wondering about how much I had in it so started a list but if I look at it like a 10 year investment it's only $260 a year.Now the bad part is when i put it up for sale i might get $700 on Craigslist.
I'm letting the boy learn to drive it because it is the closest he will get to a RZR
It's been fun :cheers:.

OLDKID 03-26-2018 06:08 PM

Brother --- It Ain't Over , till its Over , And if it's been a good ride , That's the Icing On the cake . How many folks You know chase what society say's to chase , I know alot of them , and when it's all said and done .... They missed the Good , the Simple ( sometimes complex ) , the Fun , and The Rewarding Parts of Life . RIDE ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS !!! , ( and don't forget to take a kid , or yourself fishing !!! , 10/4 ) :cheers:

xlint89 03-28-2018 08:02 PM

Ummmm..... You spent that much and didn't even get inside the engine?

Man, I'm afraid to see what has been invested into mine then. 8)

tim 03-28-2018 11:30 PM

Yeah I know I've learned the spiderbox is lite but has lots of weak spots when you weigh 320 lbs.:crying:.But the Howhit has been solid with only valve settings,and oil changes. I don't really lean on it hard with high RPM's .Just rode it on short jumps and tight trails.If I ever would have had trouble with the engine i would had probably call Mr Tom and we would have taken a two hour drive south to get it done right.because I've watched lots of rebuilding gy6 videos but not sure if I would have tackled it on my own.Something about two plastic rods holding timing chain in place worried me.The brakes really need bleeding or something because my boy ask how do you stop i told him just let off the gas gearing will do the rest

:stupid: