BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Thinking of ditching the 30mm pumper.. (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4799)

wildbob 01-17-2014 07:08 AM

Thinking of ditching the 30mm pumper..

I haven't put on the BBK and 4V heads yet, but still haven't been able to get my buggy running right with the 30mm pumper, riser combo. It starts great, idles great, but tends to bog still from throttle input at stopped or slow speeds. I'm still inclined to think it's just too much carb. Runs great once you get going. Right now I've got a #35 pilot (smallest I can get I think) and a #132 main. I've been thinking of going with a smaller mikuni carb. Other than the fact that they're more complex to get jetted and use a different type of throttle cable, i've heard nothing but good stuff about them.

Dirtroad 01-17-2014 08:13 AM

Just put your stock carb back on. I dont see any reason to install a 30mm carb on these little 150's.

rich1 01-17-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbob (Post 39063)
I haven't put on the BBK and 4V heads yet, but still haven't been able to get my buggy running right with the 30mm pumper, riser combo. It starts great, idles great, but tends to bog still from throttle input at stopped or slow speeds. I'm still inclined to think it's just too much carb. Runs great once you get going. Right now I've got a #35 pilot (smallest I can get I think) and a #132 main. I've been thinking of going with a smaller mikuni carb. Other than the fact that they're more complex to get jetted and use a different type of throttle cable, i've heard nothing but good stuff about them.

Im running a Kiehin 30 pumper with no problems.Instant throttle response and able to prime the motor too. However some of the cheap knock off carbs are junk. There is really no such thing as too much carb .The larger carb gives you more air thats good but you have to add more gas ! The bog that you are talking about means the carb is lean , you need to add more gas not less. I have run a 40 mm on a 125 cc motor !
Plug reading / chop tells the truth, its the only way to do it right. Im running a 38 pilot and a 145 main , 2 turns out on the idle mixture screw.

wildbob 01-18-2014 07:21 PM

I just rejetted to #40-#140 jets.. Seems to work good, no bog revving in neutral, but it's snowing like heck outside, so can't take it for a diagnostic spin. I just feel like I've been all over the map for jetting. It'll seem ok with big jets- then better with smaller jets. I can't detect any air leaks, maybe my carb just blows..

rich1 01-19-2014 08:13 PM

I did not notice at first but you are using a riser on the carb . Those type of intakes are very hard to jet properly . A straight thru intake is the best way if you can get it between the frame.

wildbob 01-21-2014 12:34 PM

Rich, could you get by the bar without it?

Dirtroad 01-21-2014 03:59 PM

Wildbob and rich1, post some pics of your setups if you can.

wildbob 01-22-2014 06:20 AM

The motor's sitting on a work bench right now, putting in a BBK and 4V heads and full Dr Pulley CVT upgrade. But I'll through up pics of how it was set up.

rich1 01-24-2014 06:23 PM

carb

2 Attachment(s)
This is the set- up Im using on the Dazon . BTW..starting this weekend this Dazon is for SALE ! More later...

rich1 01-25-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbob (Post 39159)
Rich, could you get by the bar without it?

Ive got the correct 30 mm Alum carb intake $25.00 you need in my parts for sale ad .....shoot me a pm or call.