BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Introduction (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   getting muddy in Ct (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5119)

buggydadCt 08-28-2014 09:00 PM

getting muddy in Ct

Hello everyone.....

buggydadCt 08-28-2014 09:05 PM

I picked up a kinroad 250 redneckrigged wiring...lol that's what the add said lol.. gonna need help .... dash cut and no reverse but runs like a champ full of torque

2SlickNick 08-28-2014 09:19 PM

Welcome! Try to find a wiring diagram online until someone who knows chimes in.
here maybe this might help.....http://www.knmgarage.com/manuals.html

buggydadCt 08-28-2014 09:53 PM

Thanks bro gonna rip her down and paint her all up. Thinking about just rynolineing the whole thing...lol. gonna ride it redeck rigged till winter teen pull her apart and do it right it's gotta survive a day with dad in the woods before I cut the kids loose lol. Both sons have been rinding since they were 5 lol I see your in w.v. I have family in charlston

buggydadCt 08-28-2014 09:54 PM

Do the sliders realy make that much difference? And how do I know with one's to choose

buggydadCt 08-28-2014 09:55 PM

Witch**

buggydadCt 08-28-2014 10:23 PM

Witch**

bear 08-29-2014 09:31 PM

Some people say sliders, & others say rollers. The big thing is to decide if you need speed or Torque or even a little of both! and go from there. There are those who combine different sizes to get the best of both!

bear 08-29-2014 09:32 PM

Oh yea, welcome to the forum!!!

buggydadCt 08-29-2014 09:56 PM

Thank you bear...

2SlickNick 08-30-2014 02:25 AM

I use 12g sliders those are about equal to 10g rollers on low end. and equal to 14g rollers on top end. Sliders give you about a 2g difference on both ends.
You can go down to 11g sliders without losing top end. Here is a vid I found a while back that lets you see the difference.
The best bang for your buck would be a cam upgrade. Cheap and easy to do.

http://youtu.be/yxcQGmT8EJc

I found this video a while back...

TheFauxFox 08-30-2014 11:14 AM

Wow! I learned quite a bit from that. I didn't really know the difference between the two. LOL. So heavier rollers/sliders = slower gear change/holding gear longer?

2SlickNick 08-30-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFauxFox (Post 42928)
Wow! I learned quite a bit from that. I didn't really know the difference between the two. LOL. So heavier rollers/sliders = slower gear change/holding gear longer?

Heavier equals slower acceleration with higher top speed.
Lighter equals faster acceleration lower top speed.

buggydadCt 08-30-2014 03:00 PM

Thank you so much bro I finally understand the concept of it and can design accordingly... The rollers that are in it now I'm not sure the size but I would like a little more torque out of it it does pull my boat trailer a nd flat bottom jon boat no problem.... But I'm not sure with all the camping gear and everything in the boat so I can do camping expeditions with the family I would like just a little bit more torque I think... I also think I'm going to pick up this old Honda Odyssey frame I saw down the road and maybe put a four wheeler motor in it for dad to play.....lol

buggydadCt 08-30-2014 03:01 PM

This forum rocks!!!!!! and yet still so much more thaand yet still so much more than now

buggydadCt 08-30-2014 03:02 PM

I'm also working on an amphibious vehicle but I'm not ready to release pictures yet it's going to be one of a kind and pretty neat I'm putting a jetski motor in a jon boat and putting frame and tires on it going to be neat my kids are going to love it

2SlickNick 08-30-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggydadCt (Post 42935)
I'm also working on an amphibious vehicle but I'm not ready to release pictures yet it's going to be one of a kind and pretty neat I'm putting a jetski motor in a jon boat and putting frame and tires on it going to be neat my kids are going to love it

Monster garage type stuff!

2SlickNick 08-30-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggydadCt (Post 42933)
Thank you so much bro I finally understand the concept of it and can design accordingly... The rollers that are in it now I'm not sure the size but I would like a little more torque out of it it does pull my boat trailer a nd flat bottom jon boat no problem.... But I'm not sure with all the camping gear and everything in the boat so I can do camping expeditions with the family I would like just a little bit more torque I think... I also think I'm going to pick up this old Honda Odyssey frame I saw down the road and maybe put a four wheeler motor in it for dad to play.....lol

You can always weigh one to find out...., but I think 14 grams is around stock roller weight.

bear 08-30-2014 05:26 PM

I've heard that a good combo is to alternate 12&9's for the best of both worlds, has anyone tried this out yet?

buggydadCt 08-30-2014 07:09 PM

I'm thinking I might try that out...... I'll try it with all one weight first then all the second wait and then I'll make some and see if it's somewhere in the middle.... Me and my sons just finished putting a snorkel on the kinroad.... ...lol.. I'm going to seal off the bottom of the motor with sheet metal and then I think she's ready for some serious mudding.... ill put some picks up of the snorkle soon

buggydadCt 08-30-2014 07:15 PM

I'm going to try and get the pics up... I took a 110 CC 4 wheeler and welded it go kart frame to the top of it so you sat on a go cart with 20 inch murders below you thing was awesome motor was in the middle of your legs. ..... I build all sorts of crazy **** in my free time.. The kids love it....

buggydadCt 08-30-2014 08:39 PM

Alright I put some pictures up I don't have a clue why some uploaded upside down kind of funny

buggydadCt 08-30-2014 08:39 PM

I'm going to wait to put pictures up of the amphibious vehicle.. Until the project is a little farther along

bear 08-31-2014 12:29 PM

Dr. Frankenstien, I presume!!!

buggydadCt 09-01-2014 07:07 AM

Lol. I have legal...lol well sorta .....land I've been riding on it now10+ years never had a problem ....40+acres nice hidden fishing pond and excellent back woods camping.....the area code is 06351..well just north of that area code......if anyone wants to put together some family buggying......

buggydadCt 09-02-2014 02:33 PM

Damn this sucks I'm still the last new member..... I hate being bottom of the barrel... But I guess bottom of the barrel with a badass buggy ain't too bad.... Still better than none at all