BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Buggy General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RZR seats,latest models (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5983)

70Cobra 11-06-2016 04:42 PM

RZR seats,latest models

Hi,

Anyone have any feedback on these seats? Looking at some takeouts from 2014-16. They look good and are around $250 a set shipped from e bay.

I want to replace the seats in my Manco kart as there is no lateral stability.

x-bird 11-06-2016 05:26 PM

looking for a couple seats myself, price is out of my reach, but I'd use them if i could. make sure you have the width to fit them.

EVILWS6 11-06-2016 06:42 PM

I can say the RZR seats are very good upgrade especially for the price. My buddy put a set in one of his buggies and they're great. He's about to take his GTS 250 seats out and replace those as well with RZR seats. Worth the money if you need seats.

70Cobra 11-06-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVILWS6 (Post 51301)
I can say the RZR seats are very good upgrade especially for the price. My buddy put a set in one of his buggies and they're great. He's about to take his GTS 250 seats out and replace those as well with RZR seats. Worth the money if you need seats.

Thanks for the feedback.

JERSEYDEVIL 11-06-2016 07:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
:evil:
rzr 1000 stock seats are the best. used a set to replace the stockers in my wife's bms800.

Gy6buggy88 11-07-2016 07:14 PM

Dragonfire offers nice 3" wide padded aftermarket 4 point harnesses for those RZR seat setups. I got a chance to buy a pair of RZR 800 seats but not sure if they'll fit in my Baja Reaction 150cc. Anyone try it yet?

70Cobra 11-08-2016 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JERSEYDEVIL (Post 51303)
:evil:
rzr 1000 stock seats are the best. used a set to replace the stockers in my wife's bms800.

That's a badass looking buggy.

Have you seen these suspension brackets?

http://desertcraft-us.3dcartstores.c...ket-_p_25.html

Gets great reviews and I'm going to try them out. You can adjust the springs to driver weight.

70Cobra 11-08-2016 09:25 AM

Just bought a set seats for $230 shipped that are new take outs. Pretty good deal I think.

Will update with photo's next week when the seats arrive and I have them installed.

bear 11-10-2016 08:24 PM

Absolutly!!!!!!!!!!

I was "lucky" enough to pickup a pair of new, stock 900 RZR seats for just $50/for the pair! My good buddy Willy, of Wild Willies Rezort, in WV. had them put up. He had bought a set of suspension sets for his RZR, and let me have the stock ones, to get them out of his garage. I had "custom" seat brackets fabbed up by my best life long friend Bill Rouster, owner of Bezerks offroad accesories, in my home town. I have mounted 1 of them each in my 2 Dazon 150 single seaters, and WOW!!! I can ride all day, and have, and I can tell you the difference is night and day!!! Even if you have to do a little "tweeking" to get them to work, it's well worth the effort!:drive::laugh2:

BuggyMaster 11-11-2016 06:27 PM

Jersey those look awesome!!

ckau 11-13-2016 08:00 AM

Though I can really appreciate the comfort of a sprung and /or a suspension seat. Many a time I've climbed out thinking to myself " I got to get a softer ride! especially at my old age!
I have been hesitant because I have often wondered what the seat movement does to seat belt adjustment? One moment your adjusted tight, then loose as the seat articulates. In order for the belt system to effective when you really need it, you got to be planted firmly in the seat! A loose belt can defeat the purpose and possibly do more damage than good. I haven't tried a suspension seat yet but would really like to hear from those who have. For the sake of my back, I would like to hear this belt adjustment isn't a problem.

70Cobra 11-13-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckau (Post 51338)
Though I can really appreciate the comfort of a sprung and /or a suspension seat. Many a time I've climbed out thinking to myself " I got to get a softer ride! especially at my old age!
I have been hesitant because I have often wondered what the seat movement does to seat belt adjustment? One moment your adjusted tight, then loose as the seat articulates. In order for the belt system to effective when you really need it, you got to be planted firmly in the seat! A loose belt can defeat the purpose and possibly do more damage than good. I haven't tried a suspension seat yet but would really like to hear from those who have. For the sake of my back, I would like to hear this belt adjustment isn't a problem.

From what I have read and also imagine, unless you are hard core racing everyone that uses a suspension seat seems to love them.

Though a lot of the suspension seats I have looked at online just appear to have paracord on the seat bottom and that is what is giving movement.I may be wrong but it doesn't appear so.

That type of seat wouldn't work for me as I need support otherwise my back aches.

I'm not sure if you looked at the link I supplied but those springs involved are not that long and you can also adjust to the preferred amount of movement. I can't see the amount of travel that they have being a problem with my harness coming that loose. They just seem to take a bit of the edge off.

Besides for the type of riding I am doing it would not be a problem.

Got a notification that I have a delivery tomorrow and I think it may be my new seats!

70Cobra 11-14-2016 05:01 PM

Wow these are really nice seats. They are solidly built. Going to make a huge difference in comfort levels.

I put one together and my daughter watched some cartoons whilst sitting in it. She gave me the thumbs up on comfort.

Pretty funny that they were over a 1/3 of the cost of my buggy!

70Cobra 11-22-2016 08:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Built the frame for the seats today. Didn't get to ride around as it was cold,dark and late when I finished but I have no doubt they will rock.

bear 11-27-2016 06:48 PM

Nice, it's definitly a valuable upgrade, if you can get it done!

Gy6buggy88 11-27-2016 07:20 PM

70Cobra those seats looks awesome. Waaay better than the chintzy stockers. That upgrade is on my to-do list.

70Cobra 11-28-2016 08:50 AM

The seats make a huge difference to the buggy and really hug your body. They are a perfect fit.

Parkiespop 11-29-2016 08:34 PM

Wow looks great! I can't believe they fit in that size cart. Looks similar to our first one.