BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Introduction (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   carb help (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5099)

madd mann 08-11-2014 12:07 PM

carb help

Hello all. I have 398cc engine on my kart.And i have done a few mods to it and now i'm trying to figure out what size carb should i use on it.right now i have a 22mm shengwey carb on it and it's not putting out like it suppose to.so what size carb would yall recommend for that that motor

bear 08-12-2014 06:02 PM

Is it a new carb, or just different sizes jets you need? Just what "mods" have you done for it so far?

madd mann 08-14-2014 07:26 AM

Thank you Mr.bear for you're response.It's not a new carb been running it for a while and now it has gotten to the point it don't want give. Me a response when I accelerate I have changed the jets ,moved my needle and still will not perform like it suppose to.the mods I have done was lite.I have a large free flow exhaust,heads ported and polished,heads been milled, just some small mods.

bear 08-16-2014 07:34 AM

Dailing it in!

When it comes to your carb, especially after a few mods, you just got to keep "dailing" on it til you find the "sweet" spot. I know it took me awhile to get it right! but man was it worth it after I found it!!!

zman007007 09-02-2014 06:11 PM

did you get this carb. dialed in yet?

madd mann 09-02-2014 06:37 PM

yes sir MR.ZMAN007007 and she's running like a bat out of hell.

buggydadCt 09-02-2014 08:52 PM

What is the proper sequence for dialing in a carb?...is there one or just kept fiddling till you get lucky?

madd mann 09-02-2014 09:14 PM

well MR.buggydadct i dont think there is a sequence into tuning a carb. I just kept on trying different jets until i got it to the point where the motor ran the best at for the weather that we have and left it at that. as soon as it cool down im pretty sure i will catch hell with the jetting again

Miamieddie 09-03-2014 01:30 PM

Madman is right its all (trial and error). No single buggy is the same. Make notes on how this carb. Is set before tampering it!!! And check your plug reading.

buggydadCt 09-03-2014 06:24 PM

Good I always felt like I was ****ing myself over by changing one thing out and then trying another I always wondered if there was a proper sequence I should be taking.... Thanks guys I feel a little less like a backyard mechanic now. ...lmao...

buggydadCt 09-03-2014 06:27 PM

..... The best way to learn... I can't wait to rip the kinroad apart this winter and have my boys put it back together at 8 and 11.... Of course I'm going to supervise the whole thing..... But I think they will learn and appreciate it more if they build it themselves.... They keep bugging me to paint camo I keep telling him it doesn't make sense with bright red seats..... And I think the wife is going to start getting a little jealous and thinking I'm obsessive if I get camo seat covers for it.....lol...

madd mann 09-03-2014 09:25 PM

well Mr miamieddie and Mr buggydadct .Im glad we're all in this thing together.and we all are living and learning but that's just what we do.

bear 09-05-2014 09:52 PM

This whole "addiction" is a great way to keep parents & siblings connected! be it riding, or just tooling on them!