BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Help! Hammerhead Twister 150 wont release reverse (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2263)

jaguarr2012 10-19-2011 03:14 PM

Help! Hammerhead Twister 150 wont release reverse

Hi new here hope someone can help me ** I'm* * having trouble* on a* Hammerhead Twister*150* *won't* release* reverse* only* if* i* turn it* off* or** gas stop gas stop* a* few* times* some times* release*it but* for* sure* when i* turn it off the* idle* its* fine** lower* than i have* will turn* off* just** service* the* carburetor* check* the* clutch* and couldn't see damage, I clean re grease all gears on the reverse assembly see no damage what can it be feels like wants go when idle ****Thanks* in advance

metalstudman1 10-19-2011 08:53 PM

Is there a cable?or have you inspected the shifter?

jaguarr2012 10-19-2011 10:42 PM

yes, I try adjusting it but make no difference, only harder to engage reverse, but as soon as turn off motor click in place the forward gear

GX150 10-19-2011 11:59 PM

The idle speed may be too high to disengage the clutch.

SYCARMS 10-20-2011 01:30 PM

Correct, check the idle speed. Also if it is the old external reverse unit on the backside there will be 2 plugs. Remove plugs and squirt some grease in them. The Chinese grease will wax up after a few years and cause things to stick.

TOM

jaguarr2012 10-20-2011 11:44 PM

yes idle is as low possible and just clean and regrease the gear unit but makes no difference :(

SYCARMS 10-21-2011 09:39 AM

That unit is really a simple unit and not much can go wrong with it. Being that you have had it apart I assume you had checked the bearings and planatary gear for slop and wear as well as the spring. If all checked out good I would then look into the cable and lever for binding. You basically have two parts which slide in and out and if the unit showed no slop then it will have to be either adjustment or binding with cable or lever.

TOM

jaguarr2012 10-21-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYCARMS (Post 17121)
That unit is really a simple unit and not much can go wrong with it. Being that you have had it apart I assume you had checked the bearings and planatary gear for slop and wear as well as the spring. If all checked out good I would then look into the cable and lever for binding. You basically have two parts which slide in and out and if the unit showed no slop then it will have to be either adjustment or binding with cable or lever.

TOM

Thanks tom I nt see. Any. Spring. Where. It. Goes, Thanks again

SYCARMS 10-21-2011 12:02 PM

Again I can only assume yours has the external rev. box for you have not mentioned if it were intl. or ext. The spring is behind the shift fork. When you pull the handle to shift into reverse you engage the planitary or sun gear which puts it in reverse. When you release the handle from reverse position the spring unloads pushing the fork back thus disengaging from the planitary gear which puts it back in fwd. The tower which the cable screws into is where the fork and spring are, your cable connects to the fork.

TOM

jaguarr2012 10-21-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYCARMS (Post 17125)
Again I can only assume yours has the external rev. box for you have not mentioned if it were intl. or ext. The spring is behind the shift fork. When you pull the handle to shift into reverse you engage the planitary or sun gear which puts it in reverse. When you release the handle from reverse position the spring unloads pushing the fork back thus disengaging from the planitary gear which puts it back in fwd. The tower which the cable screws into is where the fork and spring are, your cable connects to the fork.

TOM

Sorry Yes is External Reverse with a cable as soon as I turn the motor off will click in place that way a Assuming its the clutch because the idle its as low as possible
Thanks again Tom and everybody

jaguarr2012 10-27-2011 08:15 PM

bump

RedTeam 01-16-2012 09:30 PM

On average how long is the shift cable?

Bootboy1488 01-17-2012 03:28 AM

i cut my engine off everytime i want to change direction from drive the reverse. oherwise it sounds like it wants to grind out

SYCARMS 01-17-2012 08:22 AM

Jagguar2012 pull one of the access plugs in the reverse unit and shoot about 20 pumps of grease into it with a greasegun. Bootboy1488 I believe yours is an internal reverse which your symptoms would show bad gears on the output and cluster.

TOM

Bootboy1488 01-18-2012 03:43 AM

when i want to change gears i am usually in a hurry so i just cut the engine so the rpms will come down faster. if the buggy is idling it wont grind.

SYCARMS 01-18-2012 09:18 AM

Hell at my age I can't get in that big of a hurry anymore.LOL

TOM

jaguarr2012 02-02-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYCARMS (Post 19787)
Jagguar2012 pull one of the access plugs in the reverse unit and shoot about 20 pumps of grease into it with a greasegun. Bootboy1488 I believe yours is an internal reverse which your symptoms would show bad gears on the output and cluster.

TOM

Update
Thanks! everybody for their time

Its Fix Now

i just replaced the springs on the clutch,,,,,,,,,, that was the problem
Thanks again
jaguarr2012

SYCARMS 02-02-2012 01:00 PM

Glad to hear:hooaray::hooaray: