BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Buggy General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I have a yerf question 3206 (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531)

atc250rboy 01-19-2010 06:08 PM

I have a yerf question 3206

Ok, I have a 04 yerf 3206,this is what I have done and what i what to do.So far I have jet up to a 125 with a red neck uni hook up,upgrade front with 4x4 hubs with 8" wheels and 16.5x6.5x8 front tires.Now here's what I want to do will the work with no problems.Replace front shocks with heavy duty shocks and on the rear I want to put 20x11x10 on itp wheels, mojave rear shocks.Will this shock and tire config. throw off my float in my carb or the balance of my motor or drive train besides slow down the botttom end?Or should I do just tires and rims and leave the shocks,the reason I want these tires and wheels is because I have them here and they will look sweet. Any help would be great.Thanks yerf 3206 for the help and th pic's.

yerf3206 01-19-2010 06:25 PM

it dosent throw the float off at all, well atleast not mine.if it dose than u can make brackets that lower ur swingarm.the tyres and shocks will work great.

ckau 01-19-2010 07:23 PM

non of theses changes will have any bad effects on your yerf. just don't go more than a inch longer on front shocks or it will cause bump steer. Going up on rear tire dia. will give you more top speed. The yerf has low trans gears so a larger dia. tire won't effect bottom end much at all. I have used 22x10x10 on the rear for several years. It should be a good upgrade for you.

BuggyMaster 01-19-2010 07:47 PM

No doubt I bet the yerf will do great with bigger tires on the back.

atc250rboy 01-19-2010 08:53 PM

That's awesome to here,I cant wait to have it all put on.Thanks so much for all the great input.:biglaugh::hooaray:

ckau 01-20-2010 05:46 PM

One thing I forgot to mention about those larger tires If you are still using the stock yerf axle? you will most likely twist the axle off at some point! You may want to think about upgrading the axle or keep some spares on hand. I went through a barrel full of stock axles until I converted to a flex proof splined solid axle

xlint89 01-22-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckau (Post 5329)
One thing I forgot to mention about those larger tires If you are still using the stock yerf axle? you will most likely twist the axle off at some point! You may want to think about upgrading the axle or keep some spares on hand. I went through a barrel full of stock axles until I converted to a flex proof splined solid axle

Is there a thread about this somewhere?

I just installed larger rear wheels and don't want to get stranded somewhere because of a bad axle. Thanks