View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckorlando View Post
Not sure if you've seen one of these cages after a full seed roll over. I've seen at least 5 mangled ones. Now an engine that will have no trouble with pushing that buggy at 150 verse 35....... If you have a family you shou;ld at least pay up your life insurance. You'll flip it just turning because it's to slim. You roll it backwards on a hill from torque, I've done it in a maxed out 150. You'll be way rear end heavy. You'll burn through the buggy brakes with ease.

Now if your not gonna use all the power, why waste it in this little death trap? I aint trying to bust your bubble but I'll race a 1000cc carter talon with a 250 joyner in rough terrain and slap eat it up. Why??? Because I have usable power and proper suspension
I happen to agree! My post say's "currently, it's downright dangerous". As we speak, I'm having a much more substantial rollcage built for it. I also figure that I will be making it wider. Even after that, I can't imagine ever using all the power that's available. Most of my time on this buggy will be spent on our open land with no steep hills. But most of all, for what I spent on it, I could do a lot of mods and still have and inexpensive toy. After the new rollcage, I'm going to have about $1500 into it. It will probably transform into an entirely different buggy as new mods are carried out. If it doesn't work out, I'll buy something else. (and YES, I have carried good life insurance for years).

I've checked out another 250cc buggy and watched a LOT of videos of others, including the heavy Joyner 250. I'm certain that I wouldn't be happy with one due to lack of power.

Last edited by maconbass; 10-04-2010 at 09:23 PM.