View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 12:12 AM
Supporting Vendor

The shocks are a tricky thing cause the stock ones are not very good, and the good shocks generally are very expensive. Many look for atv shocks to fit and I guess some will make an improvement, but atv shocks are not really compatable with these buggies due to the weight difference. If you do go that route you will most importantly have to match the length of the shock. Too long on the front and you put stress on the ball joints, too short and you lack on travel. I can tell you this for certain, when I called works to see about getting a set of shocks made up for my challenger this is what they needed 1) total travel of front upper and lower A frames as well as rear carrier,2) Distance between upper and lower a frames in their rested position 3) Total width of front and rear track, width of buggy, length of buggy and wheel base, 4)weight of total buggy as well as weight of each wheel. As far as the cable goes replace the whole thing I always keep extra cables for my buggies. You can weld the muffler but it won't last long, a replacement will last about as long as the origional, the metal used on this exhaust is recycled and gets brittle in no time. If you need parts just call and mention your a buggymasters member and receive a 20% discount off retail. 662-301-1563
Tom