View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Lurker

Exclamation New (to me) buggy/rebuild/learning experience

Hey guys and gals,

I just recently purchased (on the cheap) a mini-buggy. Problem is, I don't know what it is. It's worn out, rusted, left for dead by someone about 4-6 years ago probably. And I'm reaching out to the community for some help. I've been working on it for about a week and a half now, and have learned a LOT about these buggies already, so I'll be on here to offer some advice and share my lessons learned with all who care to listen.

So back to the buggy. The emblems on the old seat headrests and front of the buggy say "Tomberlin" so that led me to believe I had a Tomberlin Crossfire 150R. I say "R" because it has front disk brakes and a reverse shifter on it. However the styling of the front end is NOT Tomberlin, it looks exactly like the Baja Dune 150 on all my Google searches.

So what gives!??! Has anyone ever heard of this? A Crossfire/Dune hybrid/clone/retarded step-child? I'll post pics if need be. Thanks for helping out. And likewise, if you have any questions of me, just PM me or hit me up on here, thanks again!