View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Lite Contributor

ok update on the buggy, all the parts are on, my question is how long do you guys like to run on a set of jetrs before you get a good reading? in a car i normally do a pull and shut the key off and check them, on the buggy i rode aroun dmy yard for about 5 minutes and checked it. is that long enough? with the 127 main and 35 pilot the plug stayed pretty much white, it had a tiny grey or tan starting to form, so u upped it to the 133 and the 38 plilot and rode again for about 5 minutes and its still just barely tan def no black soot. should i ride longer on this or go to the 135 and try it? one thing i noticed was the exhaust pipe was very hot indicating lean when i ran the 127/35 combo and it was much cooler to the touch with the 133/38 combo.
as for performance i can definitely feel a difference around the yard its much snappier, still not enough power for me but we will see how it goes. i made a video showing how to install a cdi box in a coolster and will start a thread on that and post the video here in a few. but let me know what you guys think about the plug reading.