Thread: Manco ez rider
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Lurker

Default Manco ez rider

Question for all of you, sorry might be long. I bought this cart used and it is jerky in the acceleration dept. The belt seems to be way too loose. Probably 1 inch gap between belt and the drive pulley(one on motor), so I cleaned the drive pulley assembly but cant figure out how to adjust the belt tension. When I loosen the four bolts underneath the motor the motor and the "driven/sprocket" pulley, move together keeping the distance between the two pulleys always the same. I would think there would be a way to lock down the sprocket/driven pulley and then move the motor forward to adjust the tension on the belt but there is no way to do it that I can see. The only thing I can think of is someone put in a homemade motor plate without the extra adjustment in it. Like the plate needs to be in two pieces so the driven/sprocket pulley can be bolted down for chain tension, then move the motor forward to adjust belt tension. But everything moves as one unit on this cart. Just wondering if I'm thinking correctly on this that I need to cut the plate in two. Thanks for your help and if anyone has pics of hows theres adjusts would be greatly appreciated as my 10yr old daughter is getting really anxious to ride this. I figure its something simple, I just cant find it yet...
Thanks

6.5 Robin motor
30 series torque converter setup.
not sure if it matters, but rear tires have scorpions on them, probably just the brand of tire though....

Last edited by SIKE00; 02-20-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: more detail