Thread: Manco ez rider
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Lurker

@Metalstudmna1,
My setup is like the first pic on post 14 you linked to, Except the plate goes the whole length under the motor. I'm thinking about taking the motor off, cutting the plate in two, elongating the slots for the bolts then I would be able to adjust chain and belt tension independently of each other. I even went on the website that has the cart and read through everything and it says to move the engine forward to adjust belt tension, but the whole assembly moves as one, so I dont understand that, especially since when they are having you measure Center Distance between the two pulleys to know which belt you need, how can you do that and have a constant/fixed measurement to select a belt if you can change the Center Distance,,,stuff just isnt adding up in my logical/illogical mind. But I'm new to carts, I have built many a drag race car so I have the skill set just need to figure it out. My first gocart when I was a kit was a 3hp cart with a fiberglass body of a 18 wheeler Truck, The "Bandag Bandit II",, still have the cart and the body. Have a 5hp Raptor Jr. drag race motor were working on to put in it for the fun of it....hahaha