View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Lurker

Default Troubleshooting help..Please..

Long story short, took the buggy to busco beach and gave er hell. She did super well considering I was following a KQ700 and a PoPo XP850. Along the way, during some jumps I lost my stack and uni filter. The guy behind me stopped me and handed it back to me. I only went about 300yrds before I had it back on. Whoops, did not tighten it enough. Anyway, the day went on, everything was great. Later, full-throttle bouncing down the trail I noticed my gas cap sitting next to me, ha ha. I don't know how long I was rolling around without it on. Soooo, again, finishes the day out with no problems and does great. Load it up on the trailer and when I got home and un-loaded when I started it, it started really hard. Sputtered and then would not start at all. Well after cleaning everything off and messing with the mixture screw and idle a little it starts. BUT, when I give it any gas it dies immediately. Now I am pretty mechanically inclined so I have narrowed it down but am just now getting a day to mess with it. Thought maybe some of you might save me some time to narrow it down even more.

By the way, I must pre-cursor this with this trip to busco was with a BRAND NEW CARB, jetted and tuned well. Not a cheap carb either. I am going to bust into it tomm. so it's going to be one or more of these things:

Dirty main jet
float adjustment (doubt it)
leak near manifold/intake (already checked can't see any by glimpse)

The choke is working properly. I am thinking the gas got some junk in it when my cap came off and the needle/jet controlled by the float is being blocked not allowing the bowl to fill up enough to handle any throttle. Might also just be that same jumk sitting right in the main jet. She idles great, just won't take much throttle at all until it just straight dies. Any ideas/suggestion/opinions

Am I thinking correctly here?