Thread: Short Belt Life
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Lurker

The drive sprocket is 39 tooth, the pinion gear is hard to count without removing the reverse box but it looks like a 14 tooth.
As for teambreakem's post I can only attest that Blade Power Sports sells one size belt 743-20-30 for GY6 150 Buggies. The Kevlar belt is the same 743-20-30. I do have the manual but the part number there must cross reference to some belt only found in China. The kevlar belts fit tight enough I have to spread the clutch pulley slightly to get the belt over the variator slide shaft, the standard belt is a little easier to install.
I like ckau's modification. What do you think aobut this case http://www.partsforscooters.com/169-...ategory=118397
Thanks Tom for the good input. - I thought about teh pulley's being lined up this last time when I was putting it back together, I actually ran without the gear behind the variator because I thought the pullies aligned better without it. I do still have the gear and will put it back in when I reassemble. If by final drive you are refering to axle sprocket to pinion ratio then I believe you are right 39 to 14 would put the ratio at 2.7 and if I miscounted the pinion and it is actually 16 tooth that is 2.4 ratio. I wouldn't know about the buggy ever flying, I've never been impressed with the top speed, but for sure it never would pull up a simple hill from standing start. My driveway is probably a 10% grade and I wouldn't dare stop on it going up. I will put scotch brite in place of the elbow but may I ask how to correctly check the alignment? Before I simple put a wooden dowel on the clutch pulley grove and laid it across the variator pulley groove and sighted it.