View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
Your correct about the stator suppling power to the ignition, however the reason I mentioned to check the ign. switch is that if bad it either grounds out the ignition to where you will get no spark or you loose voltage to the coil. The stator only fires the trigger switch to tell the coil to send the spark to the plug. I have seen more than once the ignition switch causing a no spark condition. I would recomend to check the switch which is the start of the circuit. To determine if you need an AC or DC cdi look at the small plug in at the cdi. If it has one wire your wired for a DC cdi if 2 wires are used its wired for AC. The DC cdi will be larger then the AC cdi. Other than that the person selling the product should know if it is a DC or an AC cdi he is selling you. You have no way of knowing since a writting is in Chinese. If I can be of further assistance feel free to give me a call @ 662-301-1563

TOM
First, Thanks, Tom, for taking the time to talk to me on the phone!
Quick question : What are the wires on the carb. for? Not getting fuel, getting fuel thru vac. bowl switch to carb., but not going thru carb. yet. Will run when spraying fuel into the carb. inlet. Will pull off tomorrow.
Update on the electrical. Roketa GK-28 I have is a magneto powered ignition system, not using an external 12 volt power source. My firing issue was a cluster, replaced the CDI with a performance 6 pin cdi that didn't fire, coil didn't, new mag didn't, my mag trigger voltage was not a constant 1.2 volts, so pulled mag back out, ohm checked my mag and my b/r wire that powers the cdi from the mag was showing continuity to the 3 wires that go to the charging rectifier. Basically grounded out. Put in the old mag. and the old cdi box and got fire. The performance CDI box, which is also 6 pin like my old one, requires a ground wire to the 4th port in the 4 wire connector, unlike the factory one. Moral of story, throwing on new parts sucks if [1] takes an added wire you don't know about, and [2] just because a magneto / stator is new, doesn't mean it will work!