View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 12:03 AM
Lurker

Unhappy yerf dog takes off when starting????

Hi guys, im new here and new to go carts as well. Any insite would be greatly appreciated. I just got a yerf dog 3205 with a tecumseh 6.5 power sport. I am having a couple of issues and not sure what is the main problem. I am having an issue with the cart trying to take off or pull away when you try to start it. I tried to placed it against the side of my garage and it would start burning the belt against the pulley. I have placed it on jack stands and now i only seem to be able to keep it running if i hold the throttle at least half to full open. I took the float bowl off the carb and it looks pretty covered in build up on the bottom of the bowl. Since, i can't keep it running i cant tell if its because it won't idle and i have to rev it up which in turn engages the torque converter. I am under the impression that if i could get it to idle then the torque converter wouldn't engage and the cart should sit still when you start it. I know the carb is going to have to be at a minimum cleaned if not rebuilt. But is there a way to see if the torque converter is functioning properly? Or any other ideas?