View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Contributor

"Well at least you have the good spindles!!!"

That is good to hear.

"Is it the bulk head that's bent? Did you get the support plate for the bulkhead that was tore off the lower frame tubing?"

The bottom plate is not really bent except for a corner where it meets up with the tubing. It appears the force of the impact just ripped it off.

"There are lots of upgrades and advice here for you.It appears that you have a 2005 unit.I know you said you were going thru the engine- What do you want to tackle next?"

I read through quite a few threads last night. You're not kidding about tons of info. Looks like there's a good group of individuals on here. I'm first just going to put the front end back on and try to get it running stock and see what needs immediate attention. The ball joints look pretty rough so I'm sure that will need to be handled sooner than later.

"What type of shop equipment do you have and your skill level?"

I have some of the basics. Bench grinder, drill press, hole saws, tap/die set, chop saw, band saw and Hobart Mig Welder. I would rate my skill level as a Novice/Hacker but willing to try anything. I have accesss to a Tig unit with an accomplished welder usually attached to it.