View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

You really want to maintain 1" of clearance for strecthing/stress in turns. If you intend on adding the 4"x4" hubs go ahead and cut the original axle off and replace with a 3/4" dia. & longer bolt for added width, spacer for longer axle at the back of where the hub ends can be a welded washer or sleeved piece of pipe.This would allow you make any width/height tire you want and have clearance at the frame for turning.You'll need a rack with about 3-1/2" or more lock to lock to improve turning radius, and modify your steering arms assuming they'll bolt up with the rack unit.(BMI sells used Spiderbox units with the steering knuckle)
Shocks- I have them on the front of my wife's Spiderbox and they're fine (well worth the money!!!)They have about 4" of travel and are med. tension springs, smooth dampening and rebound-much better than the pogo-sticks that you have now.They'll work on the rear if the size is close-I'm guessing they can handle about 500lbs.
How much do/can you afford?I can show you pic's of our smaller Manco converted with duel A-arms.cost about $200. to convert it-It made my kids mad because you can't turn it over now and the jumps are soft with little to no air now!!!!