View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Lite Contributor

ok guys update... we tore the carb down and went threw every passage and circuit, here is what we found, the choke assembly fits very poor and is actually allowing air to go unmetered past the shaft and into the carb, basically a small vacuum leak, i took the choke apart and put a o ring on the shaft and it stopped drawing air there and the idle improved a bunch but still not correct. next we got rid of the riser section of the manifold and mounted the carb directly to the head with the metal elbow, this greatly improved how the cart runs making me think that the long riser is some how ruining the signal between the motor and the carb. so with the choke leak fixed and the carb mounted to the elbow over all running performance improved a whopping 80% almost as good as stock,even the idle screw started working properly, while the air screw still was almost not working still. i drove the cart and it ran pretty good it even allowed me to go back up as high as the 127 jet before it started running like crap at WOT. i pretty much got fed up at that point as i had almost 24 hours of working on teh cart at that point so i ripped all the new intake and carb and throttle cable off and went all back to stock. i would hav eliked to use the new metal elbow with my stock carb since we did port the head to match but that placed my carb right into a cross bar and wouldnt allow it so all stock it is for now. i was going to drill out the passage that looks unfinished but i left my small bit at home and said heck with it the new carb thats on the way will use my stock cable any way so might as well revert back so i can at least ride sunday. i only hope i can figure a way to install the new carb using some of the new parts i payed for so i dont feel like i wasted my money lol. any way as far as performance gain with any of the new carb parts , there wasnt any it lost 1 mph , granted it wasnt working right but i still did MPH test just to see where it stood. my hopes are the new carb lets me feel and see some gain to justify the money im putting into it , because while the OEM carb and intake only does 39 mph , it startes and idles every time and runs like a champ i hope i gain a few more MPH cause aint nothing worse then throwing a few hundred bucks into something to stay the same or worse yet loose performance hahah thanks to mike for all the help and good customer service, i have a feeling if he lived closer he would have driven over to help.

Last edited by JustinSane; 09-12-2009 at 10:45 PM.