Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Update- Got my stator back from being rewound ($150.) Installed it, checked for spark at both cylinders and "Yes" we have good spark. Fired it up and "Wow" what a difference,go to throttle it up and it just bogs down till WOT. Took it for a spin and nothing from idle till WOT and then lots of power but not a real smooth tone. Back to the drawing board- Timing?,expansion chambers large section isn't big enough?, not enough fuel delivery? and don't know what else Idles/starts like a champ but bogs/starves for fuel when carb slides move up.Pulled carbs, checked for trash-nothing, re-gapped plugs-no improvement.
One good thing is that I bought a new set of 22 x 11 x 8 ITP mudlites and it's nowhere near as bouncy. I changed out the spring in the clutch so it engages much sooner so the front-end only raises to the top of the suspension before launching-no more wheels off the ground at take off!!!!.I put everything back like it came apart as far as the timing/firing ring goes,setting the timing requires flywheel removal again so I'm going to pull the expansion chamber off and rebuild it first to see if that helps it throttle up at lower rpm's better.Didn't get video because it was rainy out today. Hopefully something will go my way! and I can take it for a successful drive running properly.