View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Power User

can't believe how far i can derail threads some times targets set off 40 foot of led lighting and a 120 DB alarm siren. i just luuvvv my neighbors )))))

mine's been back together for a few days, can't recall how the sprocket is held in place--mine doesn't have the luxury of garage space. The 73 gets one side and isn't allowed to see any rain (primer) the other side is filled with a 62 mga that's in a few thousand pieces at the moment. I started making some room for the buggy in front of that this afternoon--shift cleaning time, don't know where to move the next piece of the puzzle. pm me an address and i'll mail you a piece of the plastic. can't be that expensive (not like lexan).

weight ... been on my mind a lot lately. the mower blade spindles i might use for hubs are probably 5 pounds each, the spindles will be made of 1/4-in wall thickness 2x2 steel tube as will be the "box" for the other ends of the control arms. i'm probably going to be putting 30-40 pounds more up front. Even though hp to weight ratio is going to take a hit, i think it will actually smooth the ride out and help cornering by keeping the tires planted better in the turns and eliminate excess hop on the bumps. clipped a tree yesterday 1/2 way into the tire and it stuffed the steering arm end of the spindle about an inch into the tire. thankfully I only had maybe 1-2 pounds of air in the fronts because of running in the mud and slush, so no tire damage. It's getting to the point that my extra large channelocks are going to get bungied onto the rack ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pensyltucky air truck.jpg (60.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg de plane.jpg (33.9 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 10-31-2011 at 07:36 PM.