View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Heavy Contributor

I had the same problem at first, I put a new belt on and after a few rides I noticed the belt getting a little thinner and belt residue on the sides of the belt cover.... I did an extensive cleaning of both clutches the Driver and the driven... I had to sand them so that they were smooth, the guy who owned it before must have never done it because there were little pits all over both. when I put the sander to it it smelled like burned rubber (I'm guessing left over belt residue that basically welded itself to the metal.

I made sure everything was operating as it should and now I'm not eating through my belts.

Hope this helps. Also the belt I use is the 5959 (COMET 203589)... its 3/4wide 27 3/8" OD. This is with the 6" driven... If you have the 7" driven the belt would be a little longer, I think the 29" one.

Also, Harborfreight has a 55watt light set for 13.00 http://www.harborfreight.com/blue-gl...hts-46908.html ... they should fit on it, I bought a set to put on mine, I'll let you know how it goes (my motor does not have an alternator so I will be using a 7ah hobby battery for mine).

Last edited by T3beatz; 11-04-2011 at 12:11 AM.