View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Shaft

Your right I didn't read all your post on the transformation before hand , I never even gave thought of a side ways motor step up , I was thinking straight ahead -------------- I have a high tech machine/welding fabrication shop that I use for all my heavy equipment repairs that I have known the owners for 25 plus years and I bring them a lot of work , so from past experiences with them I doubt they would even charge me to do the retro fitting of the sprocket and output shaft if I wasn't in a hurry , I think I could duplicate your method , which I must say your planning and craftsmanship is very impressive ------------ I am kinda glad it went the way it did that I didn't buy the 250EX , I am going to regroup and come up with another plan , I have a 300 Fourtrack engine that needs an upper rebuild and now that I have seen your conversion of shaft to sprocket it makes that engine look good as I have two up and running 300 Fourtraxs and a good supply of extra parts for them , so the the buggy and both ATV's would all use the same parts ----------- I kinda got the feeling that a 250 and 300 are the same block with a different jug , piston and carb jetting , and I am going to have my guy at Honda check that out for me ---------- I would hate to lose the chance at the 250ex for $350 as it looks good , but I think I need to think this out a little more before making a move