View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Power User

A little update, i'm actually much further along than these pics. Just haven't had a chance to shoot it. Made the "chop," bottom frame is in, and the upper tube with extension is connected. I also had to cut out the uprights at the rear along with the top cross tube. Again, too much pitting. The replacement tubing is already in and i have to cut out and either extend or replace the side tubes. In addition to the lengthening, I also raised the top rear of the frame to get more headroom. The atv swing arm is going to work well. reversed the axle/sprocket to the correct side last night, cleaned and painted the main tube and primed the swingarm. That piece still needs the holes enlarged as it will have a 3/4 mount bolt using my old yerf rear mounts. The yerf's engine plate will get cut and welded to it, then i have to come up with shock mounts for the old yerf shocks. Once the rear is done, then i can work on grafting the atv swing arms to the front and adding the shock mounts. I'm going to have to extend the tie rods on the steering rack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shark12b.jpg (32.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg shark13.jpg (44.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg shark14.jpg (45.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg shark15.jpg (27.0 KB, 32 views)