View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Power User

I think it has a new name coming ... The Dog Shark ... The evil wizard cross-bred more Yerf and Hammerhead genetic material today .... Hey mike, got a tape measure? Forgot to get my front roll hoop dimensions before i chopped it up!

Now I just have to weld the rear tube to the frame, finish a couple frame side tubes, add some mounting tabs for the front suspension, move the front roll cage posts then i can install the shock mounts--I aligned the side rails just inside the main frame's uprights. i'll put a gusset plate in the frame corner and install the shock mounts on that. I tried using the upright tubes, but the tires still hit the subframe siderails with the shocks located there--had to narrow it another inch inboard. The atv disc brake is going to stay, need to get a yerf master, line and caliper. Am also probably going to add a couple side supports to the swingarm. Wish i had a way to drop another bearing hanger down to the axle at the frame sides, but it's tapered. Made sure that the swingarm's chain tensioner setup still works, think i'm gonna need it with that little sprocket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shark16.jpg (32.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg shark17.jpg (35.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg shark18.jpg (21.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg shark19.jpg (36.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg shark20.jpg (22.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg shark21.jpg (25.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg shark22.jpg (34.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg shark23.jpg (35.2 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 01-10-2012 at 06:06 PM.