View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

I truely understand your frustration-I bought a brand new master and I couldn't get any fluid out of the reservoir, tore it down, and everything looked new, struggled & struggled. made the vac jar, hooked up it up and pulled fluid (very little) through it .I know you didn't care for my vac system!! But your issue was how I came to use it!! The circlip in the master is pretty easy to remove and re-assemble in most master cylinders to verify that the rubber around the valve/piston is good, also this should expose the ball bearing/check valve for the reservoir. You might be able to soak the housing or spray penetrating oil to free it up.
When it comes to your calipers- you can simply pry the pistons open with a screw driver while they're still attached to the spindles, this may be all they need- if they don't/won't open up then pull everything apart for a good cleaning.
Can you take a pic of your master and post it? There may be another master that will work as the brake system doesn't care how it gets fluid or pressure to the calipers.

Last edited by metalstudman1; 01-26-2012 at 11:12 PM.