View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Lite Contributor

:m ad: I was mentally stable before I began dealing with buggies. I took on too much. It was all so inviting that like dope, I just had to have more. I buy a new one, then look for an old one, get the old one, and everything has been down hill from there. I find a super deal on a great 72 super beetle, but I have done nothing but spend money and work on it since it was bought just for it to be almost mechanically sound sitting on 12 concrete blocks in my driveway. Its official. The cheese has officially slipped off of my cracker. Ahhh.
Now that rant is over with, here it goes with the spiderbox. I took your advice metal and the fev is working perfectly. I could not get it to crank once I disconnected it. I am going to methodically dismantle it and look for somewhere that it is sucking air. I don't know anything about these engines but it has to be a crack in the manifold or something. If I can find it, I am going to J.B. Weld that motorscooter up tight and pray for the best. And as for the turning, I have not had it running enough to take it for a test drive but I am going to replace the tires on the front end. I have a set of atv wheels and tires but haven't tried to see if the bolt pattern will work. I know there is a four bolt pattern on the rear, but I am going to have to stick with the lawnmower wheels on the front. I just hope that the atv tires are the same size so that I can just swap them over. Thanks for your help guys.