View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Heavy Contributor

yeah, I don't see to many manco/industrial style engine go karts getting trough that stuff gx150! We took a Manco intruder, Intruder II, and a Yerf 3203 down to St. Joe last year... My manco intruder was the only one to come out alive, but it was not fun... The yerf (with the single a-arm completely broke, had to re-weld). And my friends Intruder II hit a tree will trying to dodge some rocks, lol. That is when I made the switch to the mini buggy and they soon followed. Right now we are trying to get our buggies prepared for the Buggy Bash this year, I don't want to drive down only to have something break or go bad.

I don't let anyone ride my buggy anymore either... I let my brothers wife ride my old manco dingo, she got a little happy and flipped it (stepped on gas instead of break) she was in the hospital for a couple days with a bad concussion, even though she had my helmet on. Next, just after racing around the street with my friend it started to get dark and we had no break lights at the time. Well, my other friends wife really wanted to ride, I had to run in the house to get something so I let her drive... well when I come back out (no more than 1-2 mins later) down at the end of the street we see my buggy go rolling over upside down.

turns out she was driving and her husband was in the passenger seat, they were racing my other friend, he was out front and came to a left hand turn. He knew to break, she didn't! She swerved past him and hit the turn hard at speed, rolling the buggy into someones mailbox! Good thing the house was empty, we all ran down to help, they got out the buggy and we flipped it over. She was pretty banged up but alert, he was fine, the buggy had now gained it's first bumps, bruises and scratches! The steering wheel was knocked outa whack, and the front tires blew out. From that day on I stopped letting anyone drive my buggy... you can ride in the passenger seat but you can't drive, unless you plan on putting up some $$ if you break it.

anyone notice the trend... two ladies, no experience, and one dumb me.

Last edited by T3beatz; 02-15-2012 at 02:13 PM.