View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 05:49 AM
Power User

stardate 3-21-2012 ... progress report .... ))))

Needed to put a laundry list somewhere other than my head for some motivation!

"chassis" 98 percent complete
(need to cut up the seat frame for final rear hoop "X" tube and 4 small corner brace tubes

engine 99 percent
(run in present tune on completed buggy to determine jetting needs)

rear suspension 99 percent
(need to verify rear shock positions in relation to center of swingarm and fully weld in place)

front suspension 75 percent
(spindle kingpins are done, waiting on a couple minor hardware bits associated with them, need to gusset the spindle tube at the axle. Need to weld up upper a-arms--pending installation of kingpins. Need to locate upper and lower front shock mounts,)

Steering 50 percent.
(Basic locations of all components checked for clearances. All good. waiting on column extension pieces to arrive. Installation pending completion of front suspension)

Electrical 90 percent
(need to acquire horn and wire/install and acquire rear brake light and switch for it, also considering turn signals. Engine electrical box needs fabbed up and installed)

body panels 40 percent.
All fasteners installed, panel fabrication 5/16th complete.

Paint 40 percent.
(Main chassis stripped for primer, swingarm ready to be stripped after installation of electrical box)

seating--complete
Yay! something's done .... lol

A little more, wife and daughter are at scouts so i can get a couple hours in ... got my spindle goodies today. Need to trim the tubes a little bit, but i expected that, had the bits undersized an 1/8th so i didn't end up with any play in it. The old lower A-arms just got their shock mounts chopped off and am nearly done fabbing the two plates that the spindle axle will mount between at the end of the arm. I'm going to have to space the wheelo off the hub about 1/2 to clear the upper arm's heim bolt. dang i specced this thing a hair too tight!

Pics later, gotta keep moving on it while i have the time. working 7 days a week now, so i've gotta pick at here and there to finish it.

Last edited by x-bird; 03-21-2012 at 05:18 PM.