View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 08:21 AM
Power User

Looks like it's mostly there and not in too bad of shape. Can't see what you're talking about re. broken steering unless the ball joint on the left strut is broken off. Not a real big deal to replace that. biggest issue is that it seems to have been stored exposed outside with the carb off. The engines are pretty simple to work on, the rust on the output shaft and clutch will likely kill those parts. As far as popping in a replacement GY6, sometimes not as simple as it sounds --most are for scooters, you have to be careful of variations in the ones that will fit a buggy. i see half of the reverse gearbox, i think the other half may be under the cover. the lock up could be anywhere from the transmission to the cylinder. Before tearing into too much on it, i'd get the engine on the bench, grab a gy6 manual and check the transmission first. (easiest thing to open up and inspect)

Long bolt and tube sitting in the cvt cover are for hanging the engine in the swingarm--tube fits between the bushings on the engine and the bolt goes through the swingarm tabs, bushings and tube.

Last edited by x-bird; 05-15-2012 at 08:24 AM.