View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 07:05 AM
Power User

Pulled the front fenders to shoot some vid showing the front end "at work" and shot 3-4 vids of putting my helmet on pre-ride and taking it off post-ride LOL. Got out of sync on the buttons!

Rear axle mod has held up well on the driver's side, the passenger side with the bend wants to keep loosening up because of the way the hub is riding against the bearing. Loctited the collar bolts and it didn't loosen up, but it does not have much life left in it. It loosened up during one of the test rides and the splined portion is really twisted and pretty chewed up. I think it would've snapped already if not for the mods i did to it.

Finally figured out what's making all the noise at the back -- the rear of the engine ---just the back corner of the trans cover-- is hitting the upper bar on the subframe. i need to take a link out of the chain. I added a urethane bushing up top, no change.

My trips to the "yard" yesterday saw me come home with the polaris mentioned in the Sunl thread, an old (late 70s) EZ-GO golf cart and an oddball rear axle/diff supposedly from an ATV. (950 pounds of light iron total) Chopped what i wanted out of the golf cart and trucked it back to the yard. Between the quadrunner, the polaris, the odd rear and the golf cart rear, i think i can come up with a heavy-duty rear axle setup.

Was very tempted to add a 1985 Honda CMX250 to the pile. had angle iron instead of rear shocks and bent handle bars, but otherwise was all there and not rusted out at all. chrome on the pipes was perfect. was a shame to leave her l;ay on the pile .... may still go after it (be around 75-100 bucks)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (48.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (50.5 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 05-30-2012 at 07:20 AM.