View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Power User

Agree with you 100 % on the arm restraints, they've been on my list along with a new seat and 4 or 5-point harness. Dislocated my elbow during my football days and had a SLAP surgery on my shoulder 6 years ago, , i was pretty sure of no breaks but just went in to be on the safe side. Know the pain well lol ...

The panels are 18g steel, leftover sheet from my MGA project. They were a real nightmare to work in, i welded the nuts into the frame without prefitting or cutting anything, which made it harder. used rol-loc discs to give a bit of machine-turn finish in a feather pattern, sprayed them with the new anodized-look paint that's out (shades of low rider) and edged them with rubber and vinyl edging from Trim Gard. the rubber is what they were sized to, but it came with no glue in it (production error). the vinyl is a little wide, i used both but will eventually get around to converting it to all rubber to fit better.

Ironically enough, the ride was just a quick test to verify that shortening the chain and adding the urethane spacer got rid of the clanking i'm hearing on some bumps....

it didn't ..

it's either the swingarm (a little side to side play in it) or it may have been the axle with a crack opening and closing but still held together by the welded on clamp. i checked the hub for any looseness pre-ride. SOB sheared right at the hub end. Should've just canned it when i saw more twisting going on despite the mods.

Last edited by x-bird; 06-06-2012 at 08:08 AM.