View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Contributor

I'll get a pic or 2 up, of the buggy today guys. I bought it from Steele Powersports. It listed for $3899.00, but due to another dealer still mistakenly having it listed on the web at $3799.00, Travis price matched that, and gave me free freight. I bought quite a few spares, cables, brake pads, CDI, rectifier, and some goodies too, Mr Pulley HIT clutch and variator, and got a discount there as well....

NOW....MORE problems, minor but aggravating, and as far as I can tell, nothing brand specific, just bad luck. The night before heading out to DP, I was gonna load up, and be ready to pull out early. WRONG. No electrical power. Dead battery? sure acted like it, but that wasn't it. When the key was turned on, NOTHING, no lights, no power anywhere. Since it wasn't the battery, it had to be the fuse. Nope, fuse isn't blown, "looks" good.....NOTE, don't trust "LOOKS" with Chinese fuses. Jigged wires, checked connections, and power would come back, intermittantly....this was proving to be a real hair puller. FINALLY, I bummped the fuse holder, and power came on. Thumped it , and it went off. Openned it up, and power came back on. Took the fuse out, and tasted it with an ohm meter...tests good, them bad, then good....one of the end caps then fell off!!!!
Replaced the fuse and was good to go. Note to self, AFTER DP, I'll replace the funky fuse holder, and put a "blade type" fuse holder in it's place. Glass fuses were antiques 20 years back!

At DP, and she is running GREAT, fact is, put about 14 miles of break in on her, and pulled in by the truck, for a gator aid, and to let 'er cool, before tackling the GP track. Well after about 20 minutes, I feel refreshed, checked the oil, all OK. Jump in, strap in, helmet on....turn key....click. turn key again...click. Lights good, horn good....strter...ain't happenning. I've had this problem before, on chinese scooters, and on my Yerfie.... BAD SOLENOID. It happens. If it's electronic, it can go bad. And these little solenoids and I already have a history. So another up-grade will follow.... a LARGE Ford automotive 4 wire solenoid.... Pics will follow. In this post, later today.