View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Power User

Finally got her all bolted together and wired up. Goofed on my idler pulley (2 nylon caster wheel "bearings" on a shoulder bolt --from my stockpile of antiscalp wheels for my acrease deck mowers) and accidentally overtightened the nut, locking the bearings. the chain melted through those pretty quickly, so i temporarily subbed in a bronze sleeve with a piece of steel tube over it. A little noisy--you hear it more than the engine in the vid below.

Just a bunch of drive-by clips, wanted some clips to see how the suspension is working. rear shock springs are still a little too soft. if i hit some steep edged bumps and stay on the gas, it goes into a bounce-grab-bounce cycle that's a little "unsettling" Speaking of which, it took quite a bit of riding to start getting some "trust" back in the beast in the corners ...

Also have to pull my rack and inspect the teeth, it grabbed and locked two times in a slight left hand turn. the roll-over might have buggered up the teeth.

Also weighed her, my guesstimate was intentionally optimistic. I know i porked her out, but get a load of this load ... 637 pounds ... without me ... splits out as 113/117 l/r front and 188/219 l/r rear. I put the non-scaled wheels on boards the same height as the scales (bathroom). fairly level area with a little side slope to the right.

Oh, and manual drum brakes are ... fred flintstone ... LOL Takes a good stomp to lock them up, but they work. I have to take a look at my brake pedal for a stronger mount bolt and more leverage.

2:30ish

http://youtu.be/MRhJkoGgz40

Last edited by x-bird; 06-29-2012 at 05:08 PM.