Thread: New project
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Lite Contributor

I'm really surprised how well it rides. It feels like riding the Odyssey I had years ago but it doesn't have the take-off power that the 2-stroke had. I rode it earlier today and the right front tire starting coming off. Outside bearing went out and the rim/hub came off leaving the inner bearing on the spindle. A quick trip to Tractor Supply and 7 dollars later it's back in action. I replaced the rear-end pivot bolts and that took care of alot of play which made the thing a real rattle-trap. Now it rides real quiet over bumps. Who-ever built it used all-thread for bolts. I put some good grade bolts in it and tightened the PI$$ out of them. It still pivots freely and is now quiet. Someone put two shocks on the front (each side) for some reason. Maybe it looked cool. The front seems to work OK as is, but I will try it with one shock one each side and see how it rides. It doesn't quite have the power to do donuts and has a high center of gravity. I will definitely have to do something about that. If you cain't cut a donut with it, it just ain't worth having....hahaha. Later all.