View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

My Spiderbox isn't factory wired anymore but I might be help some! I've lost my other wiring diagram link but this is the same:
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...&dur=4391Items
Does this look like the schematic you viewed?
items questioned:
1. the main fuse is usually a 10-15 amp bus fuse-I believe this fuse stops full voltage from burning up the stator if the battery developes a dead short or thermal runaway.
2. There isn't a resistor that I'm aware of on the sparkplug circuit-purple wire from the CDI to one terminal on the coil, the other terminal goes to ground
* the only resistor is the ceramic block type that regulates the FEV (fuel enrichment valve) or choke.
3. the FEV wires coming from the carb do tie into a plug, it's pretty clear on the schematic through the resistor.The FEV has to have a constant power supply from the ignition while engine is running.
4. The stock solenoid has 2 trigger/activation wires- note:Look to see if there's a brake safety switch under the drivers seat connected.
5.Do you see a part #? I'd think you could verify if it's factory(internet search) or not to see if it hooks up the same as the diagram.