View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

1."now for the ignition coil do I just run the purple line from the cdi to the coil and hook it up to the green side of the coil and just ground the black side of it?"Green side of the coil goes with the purple, black is ground. The diagram shows simply that the coil ground and the resistor ground go to a common engine ground.
NOTE: I ran additional ground wires from the cockpit-to-the swingarm, then an additional ground to the engine. This ensures that the ground is continuous through out the whole buggy- a BAD ground can cause all types of electrical symptoms.
2."also on my wiring harness it has a green wire and black wire that are labeled on/off and right beside those there is which seems to appear as a brown wire and black wire that are labeled kill. what will these wires hook up to?" The person that owned this before was nice to you by labeling them!!!
your presumptions were correct- the "on/off wires on the red push button, the kill switch hooks up to green toggle switch.
Look under the drivers seat for a spring attached to a pressure switch (brake safety switch) these wires have bullet connectors that intersect the red push button wires at the rear of the cockpit.

Last edited by metalstudman1; 07-31-2012 at 06:01 PM.