View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Power User

Will this be page 6???? LOL

Some before and after of the latest chop session. It actually resulted in a net loss of weight--think that's a first.

Yes, my tank hangar is a bit crooked--was a long day and i whipped that up in about 5 minutes. 5/16 plain round stock--actually was an old rope "holder" that you stick in the ground with a coil up top to run the rope through.

A little before and after side view

Tank hangar

and former rack area ....still have to clean up the electrical ..... been on the list forever .....

Ridewise, the shock move worked out. went back to the stiffer kawasaki springs and am getting some kickback again. However, in addition to the 3-position clicker adjuster these shocks have snap ring grooves that set the height of the adjuster. I moved them up two notches on my last try with the polaris springs and left them there when swapping--it's a lot of preload. I figure i can drop them down 2 grooves and adjust up 1 notch and be good to go. Also dropping the tire pressure from 9 psi to 6 helped a lot. (still running a hair over recommended pressure, but the one tire's bad bead has me worried a bit)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg finside.jpg (49.0 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg after.jpg (96.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg afterT.jpg (40.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg afterR.jpg (95.0 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 08-10-2012 at 05:16 PM.