Thread: gy6 timing help
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Lite Contributor

Thanks for all the responses.

I think I have found the issue. It has to be the carb. It finally starts better. I think it is the new Chinese carbs I have been using. The original was a mikuni with manual choke. I broke the choke cable and decided to convert to a primer on it but did not do the trick. Bought a 26mm and then a 24mm with elec. choke/enricher and still have same issue. Runs real rich....black wet pug.

I looked at the Pilot Jet in the original carb, and it was 0.22 and the new ones are 0.35 so I think that is why I am running rich and bogging at 1/2 peddle. Now I am trying to find someone who sells smaller jets for this ebay carb.

There is no adjustment for the pilot jet. I drilled out the plug and there is only about 3 tiny holes under the plug and no adjustment screw.

The only thing I have not changed is the cdi because I can not find one that works on this yerfdog scout cuv. and yes I have a dc cdi and the new one would not start it. Also tried ac cdi and wont start so put the old one back on and it works.

I wonder if a performace coil might help? It only has a 6pole stator on it which is new and a new stock coil.

does anyone else have issues with these ebay carbs??

Thanks

It was alway very hard to start but ran great when it did.