View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Power User

The rear of the main frame is super stiff with the 2x2 1/4-wall box tube, 1/8th angle iron and 1/8th base plates I put back there. The only diagonal or side-to-side deflection is in the swingarm bushings, (the rear shocks actually have solid bushings in them) so it will kick up the inside wheel pretty easily--nothing really flexes. Most buggies won't do that because the rear main frame tube and base frame will flex on the diagonal upwards of an inch and a half and eat up most of the inclination to tricycle through a turn.

I'm pretty sure it just puts down the power better through the right tire because of the axle length despite the diff being welded into a locker. My front suspension (camber angle and toe setting) are just eyeballed and if there's a couple degrees of difference up there, that also may be giving it a better bite into the left handers up front and causing the rear to oversteer so easily. That or i've got the whole works racked, but I was pretty religious with my measurements and tolerances building it.

My turf is also pretty soft (lots of T-storms lately) and combined with the long grass, I can pretty much kick the back end out at will. If I were to put the spiderbox turf back ont eh rear, that tread plus how short they are compared to the 22s would have me slip-sliding all the way around. Since i have so many golf cart rims I may re-mount them on a set for kicks and giggle runs .... hmmm, got a little time right now before the night shift .....