View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Lurker

Default Help! Torq Converter or Clutch?

Hey all,

I need some help. I've got an old Honda Fat Cat that has been stripped of it's previous heart (200cc engine) The previous owner had it welded up as a mini bike and I tried but failed to replace it with a 200 honda engine short of spending $600 for a Fat Cat engine. I have a 6.5 horizontial shaft engine that I would like to run on this Frankenbike but i need some help. So

The rear sprocket runs a #50 chain and I really don't think I can change the sprocket besides I was told not to run a centrifugal clutch on anything with tires bigger than 15" mine are 20 or so. I have been looking at torque converters and I was wondering if you can run a #50 chain of of any of them (like do the sprockets swap out?) I am totally new to this particular game and would welcome any help whatsoever. I am pretty handy and have a welder etc. I just need guidance on what parts can do what I need. Cheap is always good if the quality is good enough but I prefer a bike to be able to ride when I get on it. Thanks and please feel free to email me.
electrickid03@yahoo.com