View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 05:38 PM

The kart has been running pretty good with the stock cam installed. (no lack of fuel issues any more). So I decided to re-install my A11 cam and see if the problem comes back.

The kart seemed less responsive and VERY doggy. It pulled like a slug, but would start to come alive at the end of my test track. I did notice one time that a decent sized air bubble did form inside the filter, but didn't run it dry like it had before.

The lack of performance alone was enough for me to re-install the stock cam. Once it was back in, the kart felt pretty good again.

Did a max speed run with the stock cam and came up with 34.5 MPH. Pretty close to what I had recorded before. But well below the max speed I recorded with the A 11 previously (38.9MPH)

I'm kinda thinking something is wrong with the A11 cam? Or maybe I stretched the timing chain and it doesn't seem to affect the stocker as much?

The performance issue all started after I did a 180* in the short grass and it stalled out right after.

The flywheel seems to match up with TDC of the piston, so i don't think it's a sheared woodruff key problem.

Anyone know a test for checking the timing chain for wear/stretch?