View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Lurker

Question 150cc gy6 engine not wanting to start

I have a 2006 Avanti 150cc moped only has 450 miles on it. One day i was letting the bad battery charge for a few minutes to get ready to go on for a ride. I had taken a look at the instrument cluster the clock is normally on all the time and when i went out to try to start it the clock was not displaying the time. Put the key in the ignition and turn, no power. Tried to hit the electric start switch, nothing. I took a pair of jumper cables hooked one end to the car battery that i was jumping the moped off of. Then hooked the negative cable to the bottom of the starter then i had taken the positive and laid the clamp across the solenoid terminals then the moped started but the voltage is not being regulated because when i increase the throttle and turn the blinker on it stays on but when it is idling it blinks normal. Can someone help me please why i am having this problem with my scooter i know this website is for dune buggies but some of them have the same engine that my moped has.I thought it was the magneto/stator was the problem but my lights were working until the engine was running.