View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Lurker

Default New Spiderbox project. Input requested!

Hello everybody! I have read through quite a lot of posts here, and am happy to find how helpful everybody is. I was hoping to get some input/help from you knowledgeable fellas.

My son and I bought a Spiderbox minus the motor from a guy locally for $150. It seems to be in fairly decent shape. I have realized since reading here I will inevitably have to put some money into the front end to make it a great buggy, but I'm just concentrating on getting it rolling and running first.

The only obvious thing wrong with it is the front right wheel bearings are blown out, and the passenger side needs new seat belts. There was also a bundle of wires in a pile that was induced the pic is attached.

I bought a GY6 motor from ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHORT-CASE-1...390759?vxp=mtr

I got the motor today, and I'm hoping that my 2 years of automotive courses in high school will be enough to get me through this project. A few of the wires and parts that came with the motor are not immediately obvious to me where they go... I ordered new bearings and castle nut for the front wheel. I also ordered a drive sprocket, and fuel lines.

I'm obviously going to need some bolts to mount the motor.. After that, I'm not too sure what else I'm going to need. That's where I'm relying on you guys to have some helpful input. Is there anything I'm missing that I will absolutely need to get this thing running that you can see?

Also, can you tell from the pics what generation/model number this would be, or can you tell me how to find out?

You should be able to click the thumbnails for a larger picture.

Thanks a bunch in advance.